You’re probably wondering why haven’t you lost anything, you’re eating the same amount calories when you started your weight loss journey; you’re exercising constantly but the scale just won’t go down. You my friend have reached a plateau stage, where your body is getting use to your workout and your calorie intake. I hit this stage two weeks ago however I got past it. I was stuck between 139-140; I couldn’t move past this weight and it was driving me nuts.
Here are some tips to get you past this stage:
- Cut out sweets during the week.
- Be strict about your food intake Monday-Friday.
- Workout additional 5-10 minutes with more resistance.
- Try adding a half of grapefruit to one meal without sugar. (Grapefruit naturally burn fat when eaten with a meal)
- Meal prep your meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner plus snacks.(restrict your self to these meals only during the week, no matter what!)
- Cut out alcohol during the week.
If you follow some of these tips, this can help you get past this dreadful stage. I pushed myself to run 2 miles straight with the speed ranging from 4.6-5.3 on the treadmill. I normally run 2 miles in 30 minutes however I pushed myself to run 2 miles in 25 minutes and 2 miles 1/2 in 30 minutes.
Don’t become discourage about the scale, it can be hard but think about the larger goal at the end. If I can do it, you can too !!
My Schedule for this week:
Gym: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (50 minutes)
Weight: 137 🙂
2 more pounds to go!!